Let’s talk about the bad girls.
Its not often in church that we learn about the women in the Bible. When we do, we tend to review the same old stories, like Esther and Ruth. There are some pretty significant women in the Bible that are often overlooked. Join us as we study the women characters in the Bible, some of the bad girls that demonstrate God’s glory and grace in the world in unconventional ways.
Join us at our regular gathering times on Sundays and Wednesdays as we explore these lady-strong characters. Bible study to be led by Rev. Ricardo Tavarez and guest Bible Teacher, Rev. Lin Stoner. Rev. Lin’s bio is below.
- Sunday, October 13th – Hagar, Genesis 16:1-15, 21:9-17
- Wednesday, October 16th – Tamar, Genesis 38:6-31
- Sunday, October 20th – Shiphrah and Puah, Exodus 1:8-22
- Wednesday, October 23rd – Rahab, Joshua 2:1-7, 9-11, 17-18, 23-24
- Sunday, October 27th – the Woman with the Alabaster Jar, Luke 7:37 – 44
- Wednesday, October 30th – the Woman at the Well, John 4:7-42
- Sunday, November 3rd – Mary and Martha,
- Wednesday, November 6th – Lydia, Acts 16:14, 40; Acts 15:36-18:22; Philippians 1:3
- Sunday, November 10 – Phobe, Romans 16:1-2
Rev. Lin is a retired MCC pastor. She was the founding pastor of Redeemer MCC in Flint, MI and served as pastor for 15 years. She pastored Reconciliation MCC in Grand Rapids for 10 years. She retired due to illness, still teaches and preaches when called. She served the Fellowship as North Area coordinator for several years.